Chiropractic can be greatly beneficial during pregnancy. Because pregnant women cannot use standard medical approaches to reduce pain they often do nothing. Chiropractic is a proven and drug free treatment for pain during pregnancy. Just because back pain is common during pregnancy doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything about it.
Why do I have low back pain during pregnancy?
- Weight gain adds structural stress
- hormonal changes weaken joints
- Balance changes cause stress in unfamiliar structures
- Learn to relax
- Stretch (yoga)
- Use proper posture
- Avoid repetitive twisting and bending (vacuuming and dish washing)
- Wear comfortable low-heel shoes
- Change positions frequently
- Sleep on your side using support, such as a body pillow
- Go swimming
- Massage Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Self Care
Back pain may be common during pregnancy, but that doesn’t mean that you have to live with it.